Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

The greatest thing since sliced bread

We now have a maintenance request form on our campus web page:


Today, remembering that a light bulb needed to be replaced in my desk lamp, I web-formed a request for the new bulb.

Don't we live in wonderful times?


( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
Feb. 18th, 2006 06:20 am (UTC)
not related to this post but...
I started experiencing discomfort on Sunday. This was a feeling that I am not unfamiliar with. I have had discomfort and pain in the past, usually as a direct result of eating something that has caused my diverticulosis to act up. By midnight Sunday the discomfort had turned to pain. On a scale of 1-10 I would have rated it as a six. The pain came and went through the day Monday and Tuesday. Knowing that I had to take my son to Children's Hospital on Wednesday, I decided to wait until we returned to do anything. I had no other symptoms besides pain and nausea that came and went. I talked with my wife about it on Wednesday and explained that if I had any blood in my feces, a fever, diarrhea or vomiting, I would have visited the ER on Sunday. Lacking any other symptoms, I decided to wait until Thursday. If I would have continued to have pain, I would have visited the hospital. On our way home from Children's Hospital Wednesday, we stopped at a nice restaurant. They had a great buffet loaded with things that I normally would avoid due to Diverticulosis. I thought, "Hell, I already feel bad and things aren't right in my gut" so ...I ate a variety of foods which were bad for me. The pain late Wednesday rose to an eight. I decided that I would have to do something Thursday. Around 11:00PM Wednesday, I started to feel much better. I still had pain but, it subsided considerably. Thursday and today, the pain continued to ease. I feel as though I am at 80% of my normal functioning level.
For the last three days, my youngest son has been complaining that his stomach hurt. He had a loss of apatite. As I was typing this entry, my wife called for me and I spent the next hour cleaning vomit. My son got very sick. My wife tells me that children have been going home early from the school that she works at. They have had the same symptoms.
This sucks!
Feb. 18th, 2006 01:03 pm (UTC)
Re: not related to this post but...
Yes, but isn't our on-line maintenance request form great?

Well, maybe not. The light bulb still had not been changed by the end of the day Friday. Of course the form warns users that a 48 hour lead time is required, and only 24 hours had transpired. I understand. Sometimes it takes me two days (or even more) after noticing that a light bulb needs to be changed before I can mobilize myself to get it.

Re your gut pain, it sounds like an old fashioned virus. In your case, it simply did not lead to vomiting. I think it's virtually impossible to tell the difference between stomach viruses and flare-ups from our more serious conditions. And that is really annoying.
Feb. 19th, 2006 04:31 am (UTC)
Re: not related to this post but...
Unless this year's campus budget included two light bulbs for our office, I doubt that, "We" can afford this. Sorry, you might have to wait until next year...
Mar. 3rd, 2006 01:14 am (UTC)
Re: not related to this post but...
I finally brought in two of my own light bulbs this week.
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )